MediaNeighbours brings 25 years of experience in book editing. Our expertise has been proven in the following genres:
- Young adult
- Short stories and poems
- Spiritual, health, and self-help
- Academic and technical
- Cookbooks and gift books
We understand that if it has your name on it, you want it to be the best it can be, so we make sure your story or message is radiant, structurally sound, and professionally presented.
Editing references are available upon request. Mary is a member of Editorial Freelancers Association, and our rates are competitive with the EFA rates table, updated regularly at: https://www.the-efa.org/rates/.
We can help you with:
- Organization. You have great ideas and solid research, but you just can’t make those dozens of paragraphs do justice to your concept. We’ll help you articulate, structure, and sequence your material to its best advantage.
- Coaching, critiques, and developmental editing. Often writers are too close to their own writing to see where they’ve skewed the strategic development of the manuscript, sketched in a character anomaly, or skipped a beat in the pace and tempo. Another trained “eye” is what you need.
- Copyediting and proofreading. Navigating the currents of effective grammar and style can be tricky. So that you won’t have that dreaded “oops” moment, we check style, spelling, grammar, syntax, and consistency, all in accordance with publishing industry standards.
- Fact-checking. Even with fiction, you want to be sure that you don’t lose readers because of factual errors and inconsistencies.
- Book proposals. We understand what agents and publishers want, and we’ll write a book proposal that is sure to catch and keep their interest.
- Ghostwriting. Once we understand your concept and intention, we can write what you need—from web content to a memoir or organizational history.