Once your manuscript is ready for the marketplace, there are many issues to consider. Without understanding the life cycle of manuscript-to-marketplace, important steps are missed that could hurt book sales.
MediaNeighbours helps you understand and choose what you need--and don't need:
- book dimensions (trim size, spine width, etc.) and formats (paperback, hard cover, ebook, etc.)
- execution of cover and interior design
- typeface selection
- ISBNs, LCCNs, PCIP data, permissions, disclaimers, etc.
- the printing process (POD or offset), paper quality, and binding options
- image control and file management
- and more
If you are self-publishing, you also may need our help with:
- Metadata management (keywords, categories, BISAC and Thema codes, etc.)
- MyIdentifiers.com management
- Uploads to KDP and IngramSpark
- Front- and back-matter advice
- Bar codes and QR codes
- Conversion to ebook formats
- Book pricing strategies
- Assistance with traditional offset printing
- and more
We will help you choose carefully and comprehensively. References are available upon request. Mary is a member of Editorial Freelancers Association, and our project management rates are competitive with the EFA rates table, updated regularly at: https://www.the-efa.org/rates/.