MediaNeighbours offers a broad range of writing expertise. For academic, creative, promotional, and content writing, contact Mary; for scientific, technical, and business writing, contact Andrew. Hannah, who has worked in a New York publishing house, provides all our projects with her final review, to be sure everything that goes out under your name is complete, professional, and error-free.
We can help you with:
- Critiques and developmental editing. Often writers are too close to their own writing to see where they’ve skewed the logical development of the manuscript, sketched in a character anomaly, or skipped a beat in the pace and tempo. Another trained “eye” is what you need.
- Organization. You have great ideas and solid research, but you just can’t make those dozens of paragraphs do justice to your concept. We’ll help you structure and sequence your material to its best advantage.
- Editing and proofreading. Navigating the currents of effective grammar and style can be tricky. So that you won’t have that dreaded “oops” moment, we check style, spelling, grammar, syntax, and consistency according to professional industry standards.
- Fact-checking. Even with fiction, you want to be sure that you don’t lose readers because of factual errors and inconsistencies.
- Book proposals. We understand what agents and publishers want, and we’ll write a book proposal that is sure to catch and keep their interest.
- Ghostwriting. Once we understand your concept and intention, we can write whatever you need—from web content to a complete family history.